MTC

MTC
Going to the temple

Monday, April 1, 2013

"Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come." - Elder Holland

Have I mentioned that I really am learing to love the Bible, like a lot? Because I do. I still haven't worked up the courage to read the Old Testament yet, but I've started my second time through the New Testament and still love it. I especially love Paul and how he says how he glories in tribulation, how it's through afflictions that he can put on the divine nature, etc. He was legit. He said that his afflicitons are light in comparison to how great his blessings are and will be. Did I mention that he was legit? The sad thing is that as we're in the middle of our trial, at least this is how it is for me, we forget to look beyond the now. At least for a little bit and then I start to remember. I remember that evrey trial I go through now will help me put on the divine nature, I will be able to use it for my good. They will help me in my future. But like I said, how often do we actually remember that in the midst of things. Thank goodness Dios tiene patience or else I'd be in trouble. =)

Helaman remembered. Man, one day I'll be like that. As he's leading his little sons to battle as he's surrounded by blood and carnage, probably away from his family, even when his friend Antipus dies, he always found something to rejoice about. Yep, one day I'll be like Helaman.

You should all definitely watch this video. I love it so so so so much. I've seen it before, but then I found the talk that's it's from and....well, as you already know Elder Holland is legit. http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#good-things-to-come

I went to the Pagaent on Friday. My goodness gracious. I loved it! It was really very cool. The costumes were so COOL!! And the dancing and everything. Yep, cool, and it was in Spanish and I understood most of everything. =) Yep, it was cool. I'm definitely coming back here to see it again next year. We should come as a family. It would be pretty awesome. =)

CARLOS CAME TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY!!!! WABAM!!! He's so COOL!!! He doesn't have a car so he had to walk. And I guess he didn't realize that he could cut through the neighborhood because he walked the long way and it took him an hour!! He walked an hour to church!! And he still did it!! Man, he's so legit!! He has a dae for the 13th of April and he gave up smoking cold turkey. He says he hasn't smoked since the day we taught him about the Word of Wisdom. He used to smoke 3-4 cigarretes a day and now he doesn't smoke at all. Did I mentionthat this guy is legit? =)

Well, that is all for now,
much love
hna scott

No comments:

Post a Comment