MTC

MTC
Going to the temple

Sunday, June 16, 2013

When we realize that we are children of the covenant, we know who we are and what God expects of us. - Russell M. Nelson

May 28, 2013
Okay. Here's your weekly plug:
 
"Worldwide Leadership Broadcast: 'The Work of Salvation'

"Ward and stake council members, their spouses, full-time missionaries, and other interested Church members (that's you) are invited to participate in a special session of the Seminar for New Mission Presidents entitled 'The Work of Salvation,' which will be broadcast from the Marriott Center in Provo, Utah, on Sunday, June 23, 2013, at 4:00 p.m. mountain daylight time. The program will be subsequently rebroadcast to many areas of the world. President Thomas S. Monson, President Boyd K. Packer, and members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will share messages about missionary work and conversion.

"Where necessary, we ask local leaders to adjust scheduled worship services so that members are able to participate in the live broadcast of this historic event. . . .

Yep you're going to get this every week until the 23rd of June. It's that important. No joke. You want to be there. Really. I promise. Will you go? It's historical. Never have they broadcasted the new mission president's seminar like this. You'd better be going.
 
Okay now that that's over and done with...
 
Hmm. Last week.
 
Well, last week we looked at our monthly goals and realized we needed 15 people with fechas (dates for bapt) to reach our monthly goal. So jokingly we said we were going to do it. And then it turned into not a joke... =) We didn't even have 14 lessons last week, so of course we didn't ask that many people, but we did invite 3 people to be baptized and they all said yes! WABAM! Now we have 3 dates and 3 awesome people to work with toward baptism. Yep, goals are good. Man if I had realized how good of an idea it is to have goals BEFORE my mission I would have gotten a lot more done. But hey now I know. =)
 
We went and saw this one investigator/not really investigating person yesterday. Her husband is less active and she is apostolic. They just had a baby and she's adorable by the way. So we talked a littl ebit about how the gospel blesses families and then went into the plan of salvation a little bit. She had never thought about where we were before this life and had never thought about where we go after. Apparently in her church they think after this life we lose all our memories of the people we know on earth all the family bonds all the relationships...just gone. I testified with all my might that she will know her daughter after this life. That it's a reassurance that no matter what happens in this life, we will see our families again. And well, she's says she's content knowing that her mom will be saved and live with God again. At least that what she said. I'm [retty sure she;s going to be thinking about what we said and the more time she spends with her 3 week old baby the more she's going to think about how much she wants to knw her daughter for all eternity. And oh my heavens I am so so so so so so so so sos os os ososososososososos glad we have the plan of happiness that we know what will happen and that the natural human desire that we have to be involved in an eternal family can be a reality. And of course this whole exchange made me think about my family and how much I love them. I love you guys. Very much. And thank you mom and dad for being willing to make covenants so that we can be eternal. Thank you for being worthy. And thank you for raising us in the right way.
 
Somewhat in the middle of the weekish we went out with an amazing member. And she took us out and of course our cita cancelled and nobody was home. So then she being an awesome returned missionary just started contacting the neighbors that were outside. My goodess. It was crazy and she's crzy good at it. At talking to them like they're real people and then tying the gospel into it. Man. I learned an important lesson that day, one I wish I owuld have learned a long time ago and since then it seems like I need to keep learning it. You talk to everyone. Every single one of them is a child of God and if you really understand how much He loves you then you know how much He loves them. You automatically want to share the gospel with every single creature. And sometimes all you have to do is open your mouth. It just hit me suddenly. It wasn't like a huge rush of understanding or anything, just suddenly it didn't seem so hard to talk to people on the street anymore. I contacted every person I saw that night. Since then it has returned to being a battle with myself to get out of my comfort zone and just talk to them. But still. It was a really cool moment. Now I just need to help Hna T understand it too...
 
Well, that's about all I have to say this week.
Questions comments concerns just ask.
Love you all
Hna Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment