MTC

MTC
Going to the temple

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Now that you know you can't do this without me, are you prepared to accept my help?

My goodness!

We had the mission tour last week with Elder Cardon of the seventy. It was so so so so so so so sooooo good. My heavens that man is blunt. (if you don't know who he is, he gave the talk something along the lines of God want to forgive in the last conference) I learned a lot of things. Things about myself, things about life, things about how I can improve, things about the mission, etc etc. President Toone gave a wonderful talk as well as his wife. No announcements about FB though...=( But that's okay. Who needs another new thing to throw into the stress of missionary work.

President Toone talked about an experience that he had before getting the official call to be a mission president. I won't go into details, but after spending a few days without feeling the influence of the spirit in his life he suddenly had an out pouring of the spirit and of love and he felt the words, "Now that you know you can't do this without me, are you prepared to accept my help?" It was so cool. How often do we go about our lives thinking we can do this on our own when really we can't? We must have His help. We must live by His Spirit. We must breath study hope dream help by His Spirit.

Well, this is short. I know. I need to learn to balance my email time better. Love you all!


Hna Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment