MTC

MTC
Going to the temple

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Conference man.


“There may be times when you feel detached—even isolated—from the Giver of every good gift. You worry that you walk alone. Fear replaces faith. When you find yourself in such circumstances, I plead with you to remember prayer.”

—President Thomas S. Monson

Well, I loved conference. Every single moment. I learned a lot, but I hope to actually this once be able to do what Elder Hales said. To study and pray and ponder the messages. The greatest blessings really come AFTER conference. I want to focus on that this time around. But there's always so much to do! How am I ever going to find the time to study all of the things I want to study?!? What is the deal with my life?!? =)

In case you wanted to know I did a covenant count this conference. Just on Sunday because I didn't think about until Saturday night. The Sunday morning session mentioned covenants about 10 times. The Sunday afternoon session about 14 times. I printed off the Relief Society broadcast and read those talks counting every time the word covenant was there. How many times do you think it was mentioned in Relief Society? Any guesses?

About 81 times.

WABAM

That's right. =) Once the other talks are available to be printed I will be doing the same with the Saturday sessions.

Have you ever noticed the difference between when woman talk about covenants and when men talk about covenants? Well, there's a difference. Both are good, but just pay attention next time.

This week has been fun. We managed to teach some more lessons. We're being really good with our miles. We have an investigator named Bianca. She's so prepared! If only she realized how prepared she was! Her oldest daughter has a friend, a member from the church, who tragically died a few months ago. Bianca knows that she was a member of this church, she even took her whole family to the funeral in the chapel. Last time we were at her house she thanked us for everything we've taught her, it's helped her so much etc etc. My it touched my heart. IT's moments like those that you look forward to on a mission. But she has no desire to change her religion. We've thought about it and prayed about it and we feel like we're supposed to continue teaching her. So we told her that. We also told her we would continue to keep inviting her to be baptized. But she's free to say no if that's the answer. She agreed. And it became an agreement to disagree. =)


We were out contacting people last night, looking for places with Hispanics in them, and we ran into this lady. She had a...um how to explain her accent? Black? Gangster? Hood? She told us how she used to do drugs, she used to be invloved in gangs and drinking and selling drugs and all sorts of bad things. Then one day she got shot in the head. No one but God knew where she was that night. And He saved her. She said the bullet is still in her head, but she's not dead and she knows that it was God who spared her life. She said, "Jesus is in my heart." I responded, "and that's what's most important." She then looked at me and said, "Girl, when you're talking to me you don't talk like that. You say, 'that's what's up." Yep, I was taught how to speak a little more gangster/hood-like last night. =) We got a good laugh out of it. This same lady then told us that she doesn't need another church and that's she's going to take the whole road with her to her church. So we'd better not be preaching to any of the people on her street.
Yep, learned how to talk correctly and got warned to not proselyte on her street. =) It was pretty funny.


But honestly. What if all of us had the same attitude this lady has. She knows Christ saved her. She knows His words and teachings will bless her. She even described that when you listen to His words it sounds like honey. And now she's going to get the whole street she lives on to go to church with her.

What if we all did that?

It makes me think of M Russell Ballard's commitment he gave us. To find one person and lead them by the hand and introduce them to Jesus Christ, If everyone of us did that then millions of people would feel of the love of Jesus Christ.

That's a promise from an apostle people! It has to happen! Are you going to lead someone by the hand to Jesus Christ before Christmas?

Conference really is His conference. The talks are given and directed by Him and the SPirit takes the message you need to hear to your heart.

I love this church. I love my family. I'm so thankful for all of you that pray for me and support me everyday. May we keep the feelings we felt in conference with us. May we remember the love we felt from out Savior.

Hna Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment