MTC

MTC
Going to the temple

Sunday, September 29, 2013

To connect us with heaven and help us overcome the confusion of the mortal world, ordinances raise our view, providing a vision of the things of eternity.



Well, this week has been intense. Like normal. =)


I got a new companion. I knew I would. I never keep a companion for more than a transfer unless I'm training someone or when I was trained. God works in patterns you know.


Her name is Hermana Day. She's from Ohio. She is in same stake as Hermana Macy from the MTC, actually. She got to go to the Mexico MTC. Legit. Her Spanish is much better than mine coming out of the MTC, but I really think that's because she went to that MTC where everything everything is in Spanish. She's totally different than Hermana Taylor which is to be expected. =) I really do like her a lot. She is going to be a great missionary one day.


We've been pretty low on lessons lately. We don't have enough miles to drive anywhere. Like two places in the whole area and then we have to stay there are just walk around and talk to people because we don't have the miles to go anywhere else. And I don't have a bike since Elder Rodgers took mine away to give it to someone who would actually use it. Little did he know I would move out here where we have an area that seems like it's 100 times larger than my last one with the exact same amount of miles. Oh well. I need to call the vehicle coordinator over here and see if there are bikes that they'll let me borrow because I really don't want to buy a bike at this point. It would be silly.


So today I read this passage of scripture. Alma 48:11-13, 16-17 and I learned some cool things about Moroni.


Moroni was:
strong and mighty
had perfect understanding
did not delight in bloodshed
soul did joy in liberty
heart did swell with thanksgiving to God
did labor exceedingly for the welfare of his people
firm in the faith of Christ
his heart gloried in his faith and keeping the commandments of God and resisting iniquity


Then at the end of verse 17 we learn that if we were all like Moroni, "the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever," and that Satan would never have power over our hearts. My goodness. I want that. I don't want Satan to have power over my heart. Do you? I know there are a lot of things on that list that I can work on. A lot of weapons of rebellion I could bury never to get out again. Is it worth it to get rid of those interests and activities that aren't in harmony with God's will? Of course it is. But can I do it? Will I do it?



I'm going to start with one thing from this list I think. I'm going to work on being a woman whose heart does swell with thanksgiving to her God, for the many privileges which he has bestowed upon me. D&C 78:19 says, "And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even anhundred fold, yea, more" Yep, I'll be honest I want that promise too. =) So that's what I'm going to be working on to become more like Moroni, to make it so Satan has no power over my heart.


What are you going to do to become more like Moroni?

No comments:

Post a Comment