MTC

MTC
Going to the temple

Monday, February 4, 2013

We have reason to rejoice. Alma 26:34 ... I think that's what it is

Well, the week has been pretty productive. Thanks goodness.

Edmundo got baptized. =) It was so great. He's awesome. He really has a desire to follow Christ. His health isn't that great right now, but I always felt that as he started living the gospel, his health would improve. And guess what! In his confirmation blessing he was promised that the Lord would give him more years!! Man. I can't even explain it. But it's awesome. He's awesome. The church is awesome. Being a missionary is awesome.

We had a cool experience last night. We were walking around this apartment complex that is kind of sort of less than completely safe at night. Mom, don't worry, we had an appointment. We weren't just being silly. And we were safe. But then the appointment wasn't there. So we were looking up antiguo investigators. When there was this family doing their laundry in this closet room thing and we started talking to them. We asked if we could share a message with them about Jesus and they said yes, so we started into lesson one. We talk about nuestro amoroso padre celestial and that He loves us and that he has given us families. And prophets. And the dad says, "yeah, like Jose Smith." I'm sure we both looked a little bewildered. We then asked about the Book of Mormon and the mom and dad both say they've read it and believe it's true.

Wait, what?

Yep, that's exactly what I did. =)

They said they believe it's true.

At one point they were talking with the missionaries. I would say, according to the missionaries they said were teaching them, it was about a year ago. Then they moved suddenly and lost contact and then they moved back and we found them again. God sure knows what He's doing. We're going back on Wednesday and will have a solid family of four!! WABAM!! Then tgus same night, we stopped by to visit a less active family who moved into the ward in Thanksgiving. But the daughter wasn't home yet so we couldn't go inside. So we went and visited an antiguo investigador, Amelia, who lies just down the street. She let us in and sat down and we got to know her a little bit and set up a return appointment so we could go back over to this less active. And Amelia was like what you aren't going to share anything with me now? WABAM! Another two solid people found. And then we had a great lesson with the less active daughter and she's going to help us teach her neighbors. =) Yep, God really knows what He's doing.

So as you can see, we're vey busy. Which is very very good. I don't know what I would do if we weren't.

Oh and one more really really cool thing happened this week. We had exchanges. And guess who they were with? Hna Macy, from the MTC and her companion. I stayed in Encanto and Hna Macy came to me. And oh my goodness gracious. She has grown so much. It was amazing to see. When we have exchanges we're supposed to start with a prayer and our testimonies. Usually people don't like to do it, but we started with that and I could just see...ah man I can't even explain it. She knows why she's here. She wants to be here. Her testimony has grown so much and man...it just started the exchange off perfectly. And then, this is the weird part, (not in a bad way, but in I'm suprised in my own growth kind of way) I just start apologizing for my behavior in the MTC. I told her I was sorry and that I love seeing this change in her etc etc. Okay, I never would have/could have done that before. I've got too much pride. But it just came out. It wasn't hard for me. I didn't hink about it I just said it and I really meant it. I believe it is partly because we started the exchange with the Spirit of testimonies. I think from now on it's something I will do every exchange and everytime I have a new companion, just to start things off on the right foot, if that makes sense. The whole thing was pretty cool. God really knows what He's doing.

Well, I love you all. Keep being awesome.
Hna Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment